Voice - Mia Farrow
- "I am a little afraid to go home. I have been mortal, and some part of me is mortal yet. I am no longer like the others; for no unicorn was ever born who could regret. But now I do. I regret"
The Unicorn is the main character of the story. When she finds out she is the last unicorn left, she goes on a quest to find the others, along with two people she meets along the way, Schmendric and Molly Grue. In my opinion, I think the Unicorn starts out a little na´ve, because she has never been out of her forest before. The whole experiance teaches her so much, and she is quite changed at the end.
- "I have been hunted with bells and banners in my time," she told him. "Men knew that the only way to hunt me was to make the chase so wondrous that I would come near to see it. And even so I was never once captured"
- "Mare?" The unicorn trumpeted the word so shrilly that the man stopped pursueing her and clapped his hands to his ears. "Mare?" she demanded, "I, a horse? Is that what you take me for? Is that what you see?"
Unicorn: You are a true wizard now, as you always wished. Does it make you happy?
Schmendric: Well, men don't always know when they're happy, but I-I think so. And you?
Unicorn: I am a little afraid to go home. I have been mortal, and some part of me is mortal yet. I am no longer like the others; for no unicorn was ever born who could regret. But now I do. I regret.
Schmendric: I am sorry, I have done you evil and I cannot undo it.
Unicorn: No. Unicorns are in the world again. No sorrow will live in me as long as that joy - save one, and I thank you for that part too. Farewell, good magician. I will try to go home.
- Back to the Characters List
- Back to the Movie Credits
- Back to the Story